Nothing less than a roller-coaster ride, the year 2017 kept me at my edge, out of my comfort zone and pushed me to do things I never had imagined myself doing. Today, with only a few days of the year left, I look back at all the good madness, the grief, the hope, the courage to go beyond the fence I had created for myself, the happiness of shaping my life the way I wanted and thank the year 2017 for all the teachings.
The year that will be remembered as the one, where I lived some of my most cherished dreams, surprised myself in amazing ways and took some unexpected yet fulfilling risks. The year in which I took some astounding steps that it seemed to me that someone else has taken over me. I did different things and, also, did things differently. The year when I witnessed that the things are falling into place, it is all adding up together and everything is started to make sense.
As the year comes to an end, I felt like jotting down the lessons, the year taught me, based on the incidents that happened to me in these twelve months. Here is to the year 2017 as a teacher…
· Take risks. It is always better to take risk and regret later than to not take it at all and regret.
· Sometimes, plunging into the unknown can seem the craziest to do, but it will also be the most adventurous and fun deed to do.
· Trust your instinct, let it guide you when you are not sure.
· Happiness, sorrow or the life itself; nothing is permanent. Take it easy.
· Live as only you can, you don’t know what the next moment is holding for you.
· Blessings usually come disguised as a dilemma. Just wait and give them some time to reveal.
· You might call them mistakes, but later in life when you look back, these mistakes will bring a smile to your face.
· Stand for what you believe is right, no matter others agree to it or not.
· Being positive even if everything seems to be falling apart can be the toughest but the most heroic deed to do.
· Whatever you learn in life, it will not be relevant unless you apply it in life.
· Don’t be afraid to speak about what you want from people.
· When you feel good about yourself, you will attract people who make you feel good.
· When life gives you a second chance, grab it without any second thoughts.
· Your mind will always know the right opportunity to grab, listen to it.
· Forgive them.
· Patience will take you places.
· Appreciating yourself will help you rise the quality of your work.
· Do not carry the work stress to home and to life.
· Keep yourself uplifted if you have taken an uphill road.
· Worrying about things not going well will not help you get things right.
· Keep giving your hundred percent, no matter what.
· Raise your vibe to attract people who will be your guides, mentors and your cheer squad.
· Nurture your subconscious mind with positivity and it will push you and make you take up tasks you feared.
· Find your mojo and use it.
· Making a month, your best month, is in your hands.
· When you believe in people, people come through.
· Everything is inside you, as your beliefs; change your beliefs and life will change from inside out.
· Everything, each of your decision will start making sense one day and things will start falling in place, eventually.
· When you do, what you love or love what you, there will be no one and nothing stopping you.
· Get out of your comfort zone; all your dreams lie outside your comfort zone.
· If you love something, you must put in everything you have got to get it. You need to work on strategies, plans, maps and connect all the dots to achieve it.
· Don’t be afraid to confess love, or your mistakes.
· Never stop following your passion.
· Be thankful for everything.
· Dare to choose new beginnings, no matter how novel or conventional they seem.
· Celebrate life!!!
As I usher into a new year or the new year enters my life, I wish you all (and myself) an extraordinary year ahead. Here is to the year 2018!!!