Monday, December 25, 2017

2017 – The year that was…




Nothing less than a roller-coaster ride, the year 2017 kept me at my edge, out of my comfort zone and pushed me to do things I never had imagined myself doing. Today, with only a few days of the year left, I look back at all the good madness, the grief, the hope, the courage to go beyond the fence I had created for myself, the happiness of shaping my life the way I wanted and thank the year 2017 for all the teachings.
The year that will be remembered as the one, where I lived some of my most cherished dreams, surprised myself in amazing ways and took some unexpected yet fulfilling risks. The year in which I took some astounding steps that it seemed to me that someone else has taken over me. I did different things and, also, did things differently. The year when I witnessed that the things are falling into place, it is all adding up together and everything is started to make sense.
As the year comes to an end, I felt like jotting down the lessons, the year taught me, based on the incidents that happened to me in these twelve months. Here is to the year 2017 as a teacher…
1.       January
·         Take risks. It is always better to take risk and regret later than to not take it at all and regret.
·         Sometimes, plunging into the unknown can seem the craziest to do, but it will also be the most adventurous and fun deed to do.
·         Trust your instinct, let it guide you when you are not sure.

2.       February
·         Happiness, sorrow or the life itself; nothing is permanent. Take it easy.
·         Live as only you can, you don’t know what the next moment is holding for you.
·         Blessings usually come disguised as a dilemma. Just wait and give them some time to reveal.

3.       March
·         You might call them mistakes, but later in life when you look back, these mistakes will bring a smile to your face.
·         Stand for what you believe is right, no matter others agree to it or not.
·         Being positive even if everything seems to be falling apart can be the toughest but the most heroic deed to do.

4.       April
·         Whatever you learn in life, it will not be relevant unless you apply it in life.
·         Don’t be afraid to speak about what you want from people.
·         When you feel good about yourself, you will attract people who make you feel good.

5.       May
·         When life gives you a second chance, grab it without any second thoughts.
·         Your mind will always know the right opportunity to grab, listen to it.
·         Forgive them.

6.       June
·         Patience will take you places.
·         Appreciating yourself will help you rise the quality of your work.
·         Do not carry the work stress to home and to life.

7.       July
·         Keep yourself uplifted if you have taken an uphill road.
·         Worrying about things not going well will not help you get things right.
·         Keep giving your hundred percent, no matter what.

8.       August
·         Raise your vibe to attract people who will be your guides, mentors and your cheer squad.
·         Nurture your subconscious mind with positivity and it will push you and make you take up tasks you feared.
·         Find your mojo and use it.

9.       September
·         Making a month, your best month, is in your hands.
·         When you believe in people, people come through.
·         Everything is inside you, as your beliefs; change your beliefs and life will change from inside out.

10.   October
·         Everything, each of your decision will start making sense one day and things will start falling in place, eventually.
·         When you do, what you love or love what you, there will be no one and nothing stopping you.
·         Get out of your comfort zone; all your dreams lie outside your comfort zone.

11.   November
·         If you love something, you must put in everything you have got to get it. You need to work on strategies, plans, maps and connect all the dots to achieve it.
·         Don’t be afraid to confess love, or your mistakes.
·         Never stop following your passion.

12.   December
·         Be thankful for everything.
·         Dare to choose new beginnings, no matter how novel or conventional they seem.
·         Celebrate life!!!

As I usher into a new year or the new year enters my life, I wish you all (and myself) an extraordinary year ahead. Here is to the year 2018!!!

To know more about the blogger Niharika Chaturvedi, visit www.niharikachaturvedi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to stay positive during these trying times

  (The blog will help you get rid of the collective negativity associated with the pandemic. It will not only help you to raise your individ...